Sunday, May 10, 2009

May's Twilight events

May:

2nd of May I ran the Fredrick 5K Twilight run. Since I've become a Twilight fan this year... watching the movie and reading all 4 books in one month, I have titled this post in honor of both.


Here I am with my flabbergasted and supportive husband. He was surprised that I shaved off 2 minutes and 40 seconds off my last race time. (So was I.!!!)

The weather and trail were both better on May 2nd, than at early April. So, that helps too! My time for the 5K: chip time: 24:04, finish time: 24:08, (I don't know the difference, so Im sticking with the first one). I ranked 78 out of over 800 runners. I was first in my age group (35- 39 year olds), and 15th female out of 487!!!!!! Yippee for me! It is still so fun to reflect on this great accomplishment. I'm pretty sure I will enter the Baltimore 1/2 Marathon in October. I will look for a non-Sunday, 10K race to do between now and then.

This year I will take the opportunities I can, next year I will be a foster mom! I'm almost done with classes. We still have paperwork and Greg has classes in the fall. (If you know us, we don't move quick into big commitments. We like a strong, steady pace and a quick pick-up, sprint at the end.)

For my race results see: http://results.active.com/pages/displayNonGru.jsp?rsID=77392



My boys on the track where the race started and finished. I think this is a horse track. Anyway. When the race was over and we were walking back to the car... we didn't stick around for awards because the boys were ansy and I didn't think I won anything... Owen gave me the best complement ever! He said: "Mom, I think I need to get running shoes like yours." Awe... That melted my heart! How nice to hear your children admire what you do. Thanks Owen. Hugs to all my fans, Greg, Gray, Owen, Noah and Payton. Thanks for your support!

May 9th we had an 80's dinner party at our home, thus the new music on my playlist. Totally awesome!!!

Greg is in Hawaii for two weeks and Im taking the boys to everything. It has gone by smoothly, so far. I've kept my spirits up and am happy with what I can get accomplished! Of course, Sunday, was the worst and most contentious day of the week. That's why I want to blog today. I want to remember all the good times we've had. Yesterday was just a small bump in our month. Greg will be back at the end of this week! We have one game every night but Thursday, but at least I can focus and drive to only one child's game instead of juggling more.... I hope.... unless they add a make-up day. (I kind of hope they don't.)


3 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow Bev! You are a busy woman! When I was a foster care worker I was always in awe of the foster parents. They are true heroes! Good luck with that, I could never do it, but you will be great! You made me laugh with your "we don't move quick into big commitments" comment-- brings me back to Sparks :-). Congrats on being such a great runner. (that too is something I could never do)

christy said...

go Bev! you awesome woman!

LuAnn said...

Bev, we are running the race for the cure on Saturday on the National Mall. It's a 5k. I know it is late notice but you should do it!