Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March Madness Moments:


This seaon of basketball Greg had Owen and Gray on the same team. He did awesome coaching and all the boys improved alot. Their super, amazing, awesome, fantastic, undefeated season tragically ended in an over-time defeat. It was very sad! But the boys still won trophies and are the best!
They are winners! We are so proud of them! (March 21st)

Pinewood derby, March 25th, 2009. Boys cars: Back from left: Noah Gams, Sam Candland -2nd place winner, Connor Taylor, Sam Running, Shane Sweeny-3rd place winner, Owen Gams. Front row from left: Forrest Harrison, Brigham Haroldsen- 1st place winner, Graham Harrison, and unsure who's.





Above you can see that Noah's bandaged hand didn't get in the way of working on his car for the Pinewood Derby. This year Owen's car did better. Poor Noah's didn't do that well. We think it has something to do with hammering in the wheels instead of carefully pushing them in their groove with a screw driver. So, they will try again next year! Also, we learned that it will probably be best not to paint the bottom of the car because it fills up the grooves where the nails need to fit. But, I can brag and say, well done boys- besides help from our neighbors wood cutting maching, you did all the work yourself! Way to go!!!

Noah had hand surgery on St. Patty's day. He fell on a cactus in Arizona this past Christmas vacation. We did a hike and he followed a cousin off the trail and landed hand first in it. The thorns were from a big, poisonous barrel cactus! So, my brothers-in-laws worked on his finger at that moment to clean it and take out the thorn but its like a sharks tooth and was very difficult. We thought they got it all out but after two months of the swelling not going away, we took him in and learned it needed to be cut open to remove the rest of the spike and damaged tissue. Luckily, it was his left hand so he didn't miss out on too much writing assignments at school. Of course, he didn't think that was lucky!
Below are pictures from our annual Spring Party, March 18th. I love to host this for our neighborhood. Last year we actually did it indoors on Valentine's. I think the timing in March worked out better and the weather cooperated too! 67 degrees and sunny! With spring fever in the air this really helped with all our moods! (I'm having trouble getting pictures in order for some reason, but hey, at least I am getting this done!)
Aiden and Payton hopping like a bunny in our balloon relay! Sarah was cheering on Payton.

Timmy jumping along! (Gray is waiting for his team to pass on the balloon. It was tough, one did pop, but luckily I had spares.)

Anna and I are having fun hopping around!



We did an egg relay and egg toss too! Timmy and Haley listen for instructions.


Payton with Haley and Aiden! Aren't they just the color coordinating trio!


Heather keeping Kelsey happy on the swings.



Ready, get set, go! A Three-legged race, how fun! And, noone tripped! Payton is paired with Haley, Owen is paired with Shane, and Christine is paired with little Ben.


Ready for another round? Timmy and Aiden were partners. Everyone had fun!

Sarah and Anna above and Gray and Noah below, ready to race!

Below: Payton as Long rope King of all first graders!
Payton was so happy about this big accomplishment, I just had to get a picture and record it! I think he told me that he jumped the long rope one-hundred and twenty two times! (Unfortunately, I wasn't their to witness. I was substituting. I'm sure if I was there he would have been busy showing off and not concentrating and possibly never made it up to 122. Is that excuse really going to make me feel better for missing it? No, I'm sad I missed it.) Oh well- way to go Payton!
Also, another huge accomplishment for Payton this month is that he stopped sucking his thumb!!! He cured himself and we are so proud of him!!! Yipee!!! Now at his next dentist appointment he will have a great report to give!

1 comment:

Chesty Fuller said...

So sorry to hear about Noah's hand and the Christmas mishap. Hope all is well.