Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Where did February go?

I don't even know what to write about because this month just flew by and I'm trying to remember fun things we did.

I know I've been busy substituting alot. I had eleven jobs in February, which is the most I've had in awhile. Only the month October was busier, I had 12 jobs. However, February is a shorter month and we had 4 days off because of snow/ ice and holidays.

Presidents weekend, I had some ideas of what we could do, but that's about the time we had some flu bug going around our home so we stayed close to home for that weekend.

The last week of February we had a short visit with Greg's parents. They left us their dog, Lady. We wanted to watch her while they took their vacation south. Well, it's been an adjustment for all of us but I think Lady has felt it the most. I'm sure she was feeling out of place for the first week, especially since no one was home during the day. She really must have felt uncomfortalbe with our crazy schedule and loud home with no snow. She kept pooping in different places of our home. Finally, Monday, March 2nd, we got a big snow storm and Lady's mood changed for the better. We learned that she is a snow mut! She loves being out in the snow. Now, it must feel more like her home town- Canisteo, New York. It's almost too bizarre how her mood changed overnight with the snow! And now, no more smelly messes!

She returns home with her folks this first weekend of March. I'm sure we will miss her. Payton has been feeding her. Gray likes to pet her. Owen and Noah play ball with her. I wonder if she will miss us!

(Since Lady is a 9 year old dog, she spends alot of time lying around. The most excited she gets is playing soccer. She loves to bite and bark at the ball. She will get carried away and nip you too if you get your hands too close to her ball.)

Well, I was going to add more pictures of our time out in the snow, but somehow I guess I accidently deleted them?!!! This stupid camera is driving me nuts! I need to use some of my hard earn money from teaching and get a real one I want!!! Uugh! (Yes, I know. I need to make sure I make the time to read all the instructions and know how to use it too. I'm sure that's what Greg will tell me when I spend lots of money on a real camera.)

Oh, I've been spending alot of time these past few months reading! A new past time of mine! I've joined a book club through church. I've read all of the Twilight books - 4 of them in just over a month! I think that is a new record for me! I've also read Princess Academy by Shannon Hale, a good read. I'm finishing up The Secret Garden, now.

2 comments:

Tina ♥ said...

How do you find time to read?! I have read all the Twilight books, but that's basically all I have read in years. Sounds like your doing good and staying busy teaching!

Tina ♥ said...

I like how your blog shows that your life is boys, boys, boys! The scouts theme, and then basketball, pinewood derby.... fun times!
So did you like Twilight?