Sunday, November 15, 2009

pic of our "new" basement

This first picture turned out nice! I think I'll keep my new camera.
The main section from the stairwell is all in a vinyl that looks like wood. Greg and I worked on this floor together before his trip, late September. But I did all the painting, myself! It use to be half green, half blue. I redid it all blue. It's a happy blue, "horizon blue".
We really like this! The basement finally smells better! I played around with my new camera to see if I could get some good shots. Here is Greg and Gray watching t.v. (guess what they are watching???)

FOOTBALL !!
This is the back section of the main room, where we work out. (Yes, it faces the t.v.) It's helpful with this set up. I turn it to the music channels and jog for an hour. Im ready to compete in a 10K now, but the races are usually on Sunday. So, I compete against myself. I timed myself Saturday this past week, 11/14, at just over 54 minutes! I was happy! I think I will do the Baltimore 1/2 Marathon next October. I've signed up for the Fredrick Twilight 5K again and will hopefully beat my time for last year. I know there is a race in DC and maybe I'll sign up for that, not sure yet. Its a 1/2 marathon coming in March. I'd like to run that with a friend that has the same pace as me, so maybe I'll put that out on facebook and see who'd be available.


This last picture is of the back section, the yellow room. Greg and our home teacher, Bro. Mike Pachuilo, completed the carpet (which was already there, but they put down new padding in 1/2 of this section and retacked it). They did a super job!
The tile looking floor is actually vinyl. I put that in all by myself while Greg was on his trip. I did a fabuous job, didn't I? It's not crooked! I did not repaint this room. (That will be next summer's job.) The boys enjoy using this space to romp and play with their toys during the winter months; and if I don't paint then I don't have to worry about them scuffing up the walls.)
We have a full bathroom down here and a bedroom. Behind that door is an unfinished storage room. See, our home is big enough to have guests over! (Let us know if your in town!)




No comments: