These are Noah and Payton's cars from 2011 Pinewood Derby. They were in the semi-finals against each other. By Payton's pic below you can see that his car is the green one above!
Payton is showing off his 2nd place car! He is so excited!!! His first year participating and he got 2nd place!!! Noah is less thrilled below. He won 3rd- his younger brother beat him! Noah lost his #1 title this year to Sam Candland, a friend at church. (Noah also got braces this month so his mouth is not feeling good.)


lft. to rt. 1st Sam Candland, 2nd Payton Gams, 3rd Noah Gams. After several years of doing this with my boys, we are placing in the top 3 for 2 years in a row. I say its all because of Noah's handywork. He is a good engineer. Payton is lucky to learn from his big brothers!
Here are the contestants!
Im glad I brought my camera, some of these races were pretty close and if it wasn't for instant replay we would have had to stay longer and race over and over again.
This is why Noah feels cheated, he did beat Sam's #1 car once. However, Sam's car beat him twice so Noah was bumped from the finals.
Noah's car winning some races.

Above and below is Payton's car winning some races.



My youngest child is in 3rd grade, Mrs. Inge's class. This is my last year to help with the fun activities that 3rd graders have at Linton Springs. Here is Payton eating chinese food from China day. The Econ Fair was at the end of the year. I helped with that too, selling snowballs!
Sara, my sister, sent a Flat Stanley project to us from her sister-in-law, Cindy. Well, I boched it up because I didn't take care of it right away- either left the camera at home or didn't bring Stanley. Then we lost him. Later we found him at the train tracks near our home with Pennyslvania goodies! Once we got these pics of him with Payton around our town, we sent him to Arizona. (baseball season started and basketball ended this month)

Yeah, okay so he really did get lost when Owen and Gray play basketball at the stake center and so I made a replacement and took pictures with it.... okay, you got me! (This fiasco actually was a soar spot in our family for a couple days.) I blamed the boys for loosing it. Lesson: don't send us a Flat Stanley project!
Payton won against Sam Candland's team in basketball this year! Look at them both wearing #10! Payton's team was undefeated all season. They lost one game in the tournament but it was double illimination so they end up coming back to win it all! Congrats Payton! (Payton was the Reds for basketball and baseball this year.)
We are the champions!! They actually called themselves the Terps- like Maryland Terps! Coach Chris was great at helping these boys understand how to play and be efficient on the court! Great year for Payton! 
Pics of Payton's final game. (Another reason I don't take too many indoor pics. This is as good as it gets.)

Above is Noah and Owen at their basketball teams party. They were not the Orioles that is just a sticker at the pizza place they ate at. I caught a small amount of video photage of one of their games but half the time I was at Payton's games or I forgot the camera for Owen and Noah's team this year.

No comments:
Post a Comment